We are happy when planning a vacation with the family, but sometimes it happens that after 2-3 days with children we have had enough of each other. And with a sigh of relief – or defeat – we let them play on their console or watch cartoons.
And it would be good to pull them away from tablets, cells, and laptops … Just what to offer in return?
Here are some ideas that may be useful:
- Bake cookies together. Let the children find the recipe on the internet with the exact baking instructions. Go together and buy the ingredients. Mix, knead, decorate and then think about who to invite for tea, or to whom give the delicious efforts as a gift.
- Get out the ludo, chess, draughts, memo, jenga, etc. and play the whole family. You can organise a league of board games and enter an element of competition.
- Pull out old photo albums and show your children what your childhood looked like. Tell them about what you usually had/didn’t have, who your best friend was, what you did not like at school and why you wore such strange clothes.
- Organise a party for friends and their children: prepare invitations, small snacks, decorate the living room, choose music and plan games for adults and children.
- Go for a walk – something as simple as that. Through the meadows, to the forest, to the park. Catch the beauty of nature.
- Take care of sport: a bicycle trip, a family getaway to the pool or a basketball or football game in the garden or on the pitch, start the most hardened lovers of computer games on a journey of healthy outdoor pursuits.
- If you have older children, you can suggest they look for a job: cut the grass, do the shopping for elderly neighbours, go for a walk with a dog – if you don’t have one, borrow one from a neighbour.
But the most important thing is – being TOGETHER.